Occupational therapists work with children who have physical or developmental delays, to maximize the child’s ability to function and participate in their family, school and community.
Together with the child and family, occupational therapists help identify goals and strategies to maximize the child’s functioning--in their environment, family and school life.
What do we help with?
- Hand function and hand splint selection if needed
- Independence and self-care skills
- Play skills
- Specialized equipment selection and adaptation
- Computer modifications for children with disabilities
- Assessment and recommendations for home and school modifications
- Sensory processing strategies
- OT school consultation (Surrey, Langley & Delta School Districts)
To learn more about these services and how our occupational therapists can help your child, please call 604-584-1361.